Isaiah 60.1–6; Ephesians 3.1–12; Matthew 2.1–12
SERVICES DURING THE WEEK
- Said Communion Wednesday 10.30 (followed by coffee in the meeting room)
- Morning Prayer Daily livestream at 9.00 (weekdays)
- You can join Morning Prayer online at: http://www.stpetersleck.org and via Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pipandjims. You can attend in person at P&J on Mondays, at St Christopher’s on Tuesdays and at St Peter’s on Thursdays.
- Daily Hope a free phone line of hymns, reflections and prayers is still available on 0800 804 8044.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS: With the easing of restrictions the wearing of face coverings is no longer mandatory. However, please respect those who wish to continue mask wearing and social distancing. If you test positive for Covid up to three weeks after this service, please let us know by telephone or e-mail.
For Your Prayers
- For all who work in the NHS, and essential workers
- For all residents in care homes including Jean Haigh and Gary Hiscock
- For all who are unwell including, Shirley, Joy, Gordon, Daphne, Christine Langdon
- Those who have died.
PRAY FOR AFGHANISTAN
Please pray for peace and protection for the Afghan people who are facing great uncertainty and the threat of serious human rights abuses. Pray also for all who remain, for courage and protection. You can find more resources here: www.christianaid.org.uk/pray/prayer-afghanistan
To donate to the DEC emergency appeal, go to:
Flower Arrangers A belated thank you to all those who came and worked on the Christmas flowers to make our church look so beautiful. Also to Beryl who did the St Stephens arrangement and Keith and Mary J who helped with cleaning and retrieving the Christmas trees from the basement and Jacqui and Amanda Stewart who helped decorate the trees. Sue.
Coffee/Tea after the Sunday service If you are able to help with refreshments after the Sunday service, please let Jacqui know.
Electoral Roll In the recent difficult times we have not been able to invite people to have their names added. Do consider putting your name on the list, which shows a real commitment to us. Please see Ann Bacon if you wish to be included.
Memorial benches Thank you to those who have donated towards the memorial benches. We are hoping to have two benches. We’ll get together one Sunday after the service to discuss plaques and when we’ll buy the benches, which will probably be next Spring. Sue
Cheltenham Elim Food Bank (seeded by The Trussell Trust)
Please donate an item or two from the list: washing up liquid, instant mash potato, toothpaste, long life fruit juice, shampoo, tomato ketchup, brown sauce, mayonnaise. Please place any donations in the Green box next to the font.
Bach-Vivaldi Charity Concert – Fri 18 Feb at 7.30pm at Pip & Jim’s– see poster for details.