NINTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY
2 Samuel 11.26—12.13a; Ephesians 4.1–16; John 6.24–35
SERVICES DURING THE WEEK
- Said Communion Wednesday 10.30
- Morning Prayer Daily livestream at 9.00 (weekdays)
- You can join Morning Prayer online at: http://www.stpetersleck.org and via Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pipandjims. You can attend in person at P&J on Mondays, at St Christopher’s on Tuesdays and at St Peter’s on Thursdays.
- Daily Hope a free phone line of hymns, reflections and prayers is still available on 0800 804 8044.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS: Please leave your contact details when coming into church. With the easing of restrictions the wearing of face coverings is no longer mandatory. However, please respect those who wish to continue mask wearing and social distancing. If you test positive for Covid up to three weeks after this service, please let us know by telephone or e-mail.
For Your Prayers
- For all who work in the NHS, and essential workers
- For all residents in care homes including Dot Cook, Jean Haigh and Gary Hiscock
- For all who are unwell including, Shirley, Joy, Gordon, Daphne, Christine Langdon, Reg Mann
- Those who have died, especially Kay Quinnell and Alan Hyam
|Sat||14 Aug||10.30-1pm||Coffee morning at Mary Jackson’s in aid of church funds|
|Sun||15 Aug||10am||Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary|
|Sat||4 Sept||7pm||Churchdown MVC with guests Dursley MVC|
|Sun||16 Oct||12pm||Mike and Nathan – lunchtime concert|
Easing of restrictions
As the Government prepares to lower Coronavirus restrictions, the Churchwardens and I are giving careful thought to how we continue to unlock at
St Stephen’s, striving to keep each other safe while offering the richest worship that we can. We invite your concerns, hopes, or comments as we discuss this – please email any of us or leave a note in the postbox outside the south door of the Church. Individual comments will be treated as confidential between us. Thank you, Fr Sebastian
Date for your diary: We are to welcome a guest preacher, and enjoy another procession, on August 15th as we celebrate the feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. More details to follow soon, but for now please keep this date to be at St Stephen’s if possible! Fr Sebastian
CANCELLED South Cheltenham Team PICNIC
Sadly the team picnic that was to take place on Sunday 1st August has been cancelled.
Our church neighbour is going to be replacing the trellis in his garden at the side of the church, and as its a public right of way he will be putting up a temporary metal fence to protect people from any debris that might fall the wrong way. It will be there for,up to, 4 weeks while the work is being done.
Cheltenham Elim Food Bank (seeded by The Trussell Trust)
Please donate an item or two from the list: washing up liquid, instant mash potato, toothpaste, long life fruit juice, shampoo, tomato ketchup, brown sauce, mayonnaise. Please place any donations in the Green box next to the font.